pondělí 9. února 2015

RasPi extension board



I spent most of the evening testing the TFT display attached to RasPi (see my yesterday's entry), and enabling it to work. The info is confusing, or at least I did not find anything that would look simple enough. In the end, I followed the guide for notro/fbtft and managed to make the display work. It's not that difficult, although it still sounds to me like magic.This is what I needed to do:

1) FBTFT drivers as loadable modules. This installs the necessary kernel drivers without actually recompiling anything:
   sudo REPO_URI=https://github.com/notro/rpi-firmware rpi-update
   sudo reboot

2) To continue using fbtft_device, add to /boot/config.txt:
   dtparam=spi=on
   dtoverlay=pitft

3) Add to /etc/modules - edit according to your connection of TFT signals to GPIOs, and according to used CS0 or CS1. All on one line!
   fbtft_device custom name=fb_ili9341 width=240 height=320 rotate=270
   speed=32000000    buswidth=8 bgr=1 gpios=reset:23,dc:18 cs=1

4) Add kernel argument to file /boot/cmdline.txt if you want to use the panel as console
   fbcon=map:10

I also need to make a final decision about the language I'll use for the RasPi code. I am deciding between C and Python. C would be the language of choice, but a lot of nice libraries, like the Adafruit TFT one, is written in Python, thus I am more and more leaning towards Python. I need to start with it anyway as we'll use it at work, and this could be a nice way to start with it for real. Let's think about it till tomorrow.



Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat